Roasted Leg of Lamb with Vegetables
Leg of lamb: 1
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Vegetables Recipe. This recipe feeds about 6 people. The meal that takes one pan to make. Cook everything at once and you'll get a juicy flavorful leg of lamb and awesome roasted vegetables.
|Leg of Lamb|
|leg of lamb||1||5 to 7 lbs|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|salt||3 Tbsps||to taste|
|black pepper||2 Tbsps||to taste|
|red potato||2 lbs||washed and quartered|
|turnip||2||peeled, washed, and chopped|
|rutabaga||2||peeled, washed, and chopped|
|parsnip||2||peeled, washed, and chopped|
|carrot||2||peeled, washed, and chopped|
|leek||2||white part only -sliced, washed, and chopped|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
- Trim the leg of lamb of all excess fat. Cut slits all around the leg that is about 1/2 inch long and 1 inch deep. In the slits stuff the pieces of sliced garlic.
- Rub the entire leg with the olive oil.
- Rub the chopped rosemary and thyme all over the leg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow the temperature of the meat to return to room temperature. This should take 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the leg of lamb in a roasting pan and surround it with the chopped vegetables. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the vegetables.
- Place the roasting pan into the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb reaches a temperature of 135 degrees.
- Remove the lamb from the roasting pan and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving. The lamb will continue to cook inside and re-absorb its juices. Stir the vegetables and check for doneness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe feeds about 6 people. The general rule of thumb is 1 pound per person. For rare the internal temperature should be 135 to 140 degrees. For medium the internal temperature should be 150 to 155 degrees.