COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at SimpleFoodie.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your future use of our website, improving our website, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SimpleFoodie.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at SimpleFoodie.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from SimpleFoodie.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
• Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of personalized grocery lists and recipes in the My Grocery List and My Cookbook functions.
• The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of SimpleFoodie.com's best features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share customer information with affiliates of SimpleFoodie, as described below.
• Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at SimpleFoodie.com or sell offerings to you at SimpleFoodie.com. In other cases, we may operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
• Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of SimpleFoodie.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if SimpleFoodie.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of SimpleFoodie.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SimpleFoodie.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the first four digits and the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
SimpleFoodie.com gives you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
• Your Account
• Account Maintenance
• Customer Communication Preferences
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of SimpleFoodie.com features.
• You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the My Grocery List, My Cookbook, You Account, Account Maintenance, and Customer Communication Preferences sections above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of SimpleFoodie, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
SimpleFoodie.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use SimpleFoodie.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit SimpleFoodie.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at SimpleFoodie.com, please send us a thorough description to information@SimpleFoodie.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
RELATED PRACTICES AND INFORMATION