Potato Gratin with Sweet Potato and Turnips
Potato Gratin with Sweet Potato and Turnips Recipe.
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
|onion||1||medium - sliced thin|
|heavy cream||4 cups|
|white pepper||1 tsp|
|potato||4||medium - peeled and sliced into 1/4 slices|
|sweet potato||1||peeled and sliced into 1/4 slices|
|turnip||4||medium - peeled and sliced into 1/4 slices|
- In a stock pot melt half the butter over medium heat and add the onions. Cook until they are translucent.
- Add the cream, milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, sweet potato, and turnips.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish.
- Transfer everything from the stock pot to the baking dish and crumble the remaining butter over the vegetables.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crisp.