Coq Au Vin Blanc
Coq Au Vin Blanc Recipe. The classic French chicken stew that has been streamlined for a quick weeknight family dinner or gathering.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|leek||2||washed and white part chopped|
|chicken thigh||10||boneless and skinless|
|all-purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|button mushroom||1 lb||sliced|
|white wine||3 1/2 cups|
|herbes de Provence||1 tsp|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a large stockpot heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the crushed garlic clove and leeks. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped bacon and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Dust the chicken thighs with the all-purposes flour and add to the stockpot. Move the thighs around in the stockpot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, white wine, herbes de Provence, and bay leaf.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for 45 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.