Christmas Punch Recipe. One glass of this punch will seriously put you into the Christmas spirit.
|Seckel pear||2 lbs|
|guava||5||peeled, seeded, and quartered|
|tejocotes||2 cups||canned version with syrup removed|
|Granny Smith apple||3||cored and cut into 8 wedges|
|sugarcane stalks||6||6 inch pieces peeled and sliced in half|
|tamarind pods||1/4 lb||peeled|
- In a large stockpot add the water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the pears and cook until they are tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the peeled tamarind and sugarcane and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Slice the pears and add back to the stockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Remove the stockpot from the burner and rum to taste.
- Serve hot.