Chard Soup Recipe. This is a flavorful soup that takes hardly any time to make.
|Swiss chard||2/3 lb||cleaned, ribs removed, and chopped|
|onion||1/2||medium size - diced|
|chicken broth||6 cups|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp||to taste|
- In a blender combine the tomatoes and garlic. Puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and chard.
- In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat and cook the chopped onions until they are translucent.
- Add the chard and egg mixture and stir until the eggs are cooked.
- Add the tomato/garlic puree and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.