Beef Bourguignon Recipe. A French favorite for a hearty family meal. Warm up a baguette pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy.
|bacon||1/2 lb||cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|all-purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|beef chuck roast - boneless||3 lbs||cut into 1 inch cubes|
|thyme (dried)||1/4 tsp|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||chopped|
|Tabasco Sauce||1/2 tsp|
|beef broth||2 cups|
|red wine||1 cup|
|carrot||4||peeled and chopped|
- In a stockpot place the bacon and heat over medium heat. Cook until crisp and remove bacon to drain on a paper covered paper plate. Drain 1/2 of the bacon grease from the stockpot.
- In a bowl combine the flour, paprika, and salt. Dredge the beef chuck cubes through the flour mixture.
- Add the butter to the bacon grease and melt over medium heat. Add the beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the carrot, yellow onion, and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the thyme, 1/2 of the Italian parsley, bay leaf, Tabasco sauce, beef broth, and red wine. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook covered for 1 hour.
- Add the pearl onion, carrots, and potatoes. Cover and continue simmering for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon..
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with remaining Italian parsley.