Witch Finger Cookies
Witch Finger Cookies Recipe. Talk about finger lickin good. This takes it to the visual extreme. These cookies are so much fun to make with the kids for Halloween.
|unsalted butter||1 cup||softened|
|confectioners' sugar||1 cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|almond extract||1 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||2 2/3 cups|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|almonds - sliced||3/4 cup|
|red decorating gel||1/4 cup|
- In a bowl combine the softened butter, confectioners sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your hands combine well until you form a large ball. Refrigerate for a 1/2 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. And lightly grease a baking pan.
- Remove a 1/4 of the dough from the refrigerator. Take a heaping teaspoon of the dough at a time and place in the palm of your hand. Squeeze tight and begin to form the dough into a finger. Place on your counter top and continue to shape.
- Using a spoon and pairing knife indent patterns into the dough to resemble wrinkles. Place a almond slice at the top of the finger for the nail.
- Place on the greased baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Lift up the nail and squeeze just enough red decorating gel to cover the finger nail area. Place the almond slice on the gel.
- Remove the finger from the baking pan and allow to cool.
1 batch makes about 5 dozen cookies.