Vegetable Couscous Recipe. This is a great dish to make that is full of flavor and color.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|carrot||2||peeled and chopped|
|turnip||1/2||peeled and chopped|
|parsnip||1||peeled and chopped|
|onion||1||peeled and chopped|
|cayenne pepper||1 pinch|
|dried ground ginger||1/2 tsp|
|dried apricot||1/2 cup||sliced into strips|
|garbanzo bean (canned)||3 Tbsps|
|green pea (frozen)||1/4 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a frying pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, turnip, and parsnip. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, turmeric, dried ground ginger, cinnamon, and saffron.
- Add the dried apricot, green peas, and garbanzo beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until the peas have cooked through.
- Add the couscous and using a fork begin to fluff the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover.
- Allow the couscous to sit covered for at least 10 minutes to allow it to absorb all the juices and flavors from the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
Remember to let the couscous sit covered for about 10 minutes. This allows the couscous to absorb and expand.