Tomato Tart with Basil
Tomato Tart with Basil Recipe. A fresh and light appetizer that sets the tone for any occasion.
|phyllo (frozen)||3/4 lb||thawed|
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup||melted|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1/2 cup|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
|plum tomato||4||sliced thin|
|olive oil||2 tsps|
|basil (fresh)||1/2 cup||leaves on top|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet place a piece of parchment paper. Roll out the phyllo dough and brush melted unsalted butter between each layer. Place a large plate flat over the phyllo dough and using a knife cut around the edge to form a circle.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- To make the Pistou place the bunch of basil, garlic, and canned tomatoes. As it is blending slowly stream in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the Pistou over the phyllo dough.
- Layer the tomato slices in a spiral pattern from the center out and sprinkle with diced garlic.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Garnish with basil. Slice into pieces and serve.
1 tart makes 6 to 8 servings.