Tomato Sauce Recipe. The basic tomato sauce for many great pasta recipes. Use this recipe as the basis for your own creation. To this recipe you can add different type of meats, cheeses, and vegetable.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|tomato||4 cups||cored and chopped|
|tomato puree||2 cups||whole crushed|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||chopped|
|white wine||1/4 cup|
|chicken broth||1/2 cup|
|rosemary (dried)||1/2 tsp||minced|
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps|
|salt||1 1/2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, Italian parsley, white wine, and chicken broth.
- Stir in the marjoram and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, and black pepper to taste.
As with most sauces this will always taste better the next day.