Tom Yum Soup
Tom Yum Soup Recipe.
|chicken broth||8 cups|
|lemon grass||6||lower thick portion only -pounded|
|kaffir lime leaves||10|
|kaffir lime leaves||4|
|shrimp||1 lb||peeled and deveined|
|straw mushrooms (canned)||4 cups||drained and rinsed|
|roasted Thai chile||6||smashed|
|fish sauce||1/2 cup|
|lime juice||1/2 cup|
|chili paste in soybean oil||3 Tbsps|
- In a stockpot combine the chicken broth, galangal, and lemon grass.
- Roll the lime leaves and crush lightly within your hand. Add to the stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Strain the broth and return to the stockpot. Return to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, and chiles. Cook until the shrimp turns pink. About 1 minute
- Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, and chile paste.
- Divide among the serving bowls and garnish each with the chopped cilantro.