Tipsy Weiners. The southern party appetizer. Spicy little morsels in a sweet and spicy sauce with a hint of bourbon.
|hot dog||1 1/2 lbs||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|andouille sausage||1 1/2 lbs||cut into 1 inch pieces|
|brown sugar||1 cup|
|chili sauce||1 cup|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the hot dog and andouille sausage in a baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, chili sauce, and bourbon. Mix well.
- Pour the bourbon mixture over the hot dogs and andouille sausage. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place in the oven covered with aluminum foil to cook for 3 hours. Mix every hour.
- Place on serving platter with toothpicks.