Tinga Poblano Recipe. Delicious shredded pork in a rich chipotle tomato sauce. This Tinga can be used to make tacos, tortas, or just eat it straight out of the bowl.
|pork butt||2 lbs|
|water||12 cups||to cover pork|
|chorizo - mexican||1/2 lb||removed from casing|
|tomato puree||4 cups|
|chipotle chile (canned)||4||cut into small strips|
|chipotle chile juice||1/4 cup||to taste|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||chopped|
|cotija cheese||1/2 lb||crumbled|
- In a large stockpot place the pork butt and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add the bay leaf, garlic, and salt.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 1 hour or until the meat is fork tender and shreds easily. Remove from the heat and allow to cool in its juices.
- Remove the pork from its juices and shred with your hands or using a fork.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and break up with a spatula into tiny pieces. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the tomato puree, chipotle chile, and the chipotle chile juice.
- Add the shredded pork and Italian parsley. Mix well. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas with avocado slices and cotija cheese.
Tastes even better the next day.