Tilapia with Lemon and Capers
Tilapia with Lemon and Capers Recipe. A light and easy meal for a romantic evening at home.
|tilapia - fillets||4|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|all-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|lemon||1||ends removed and thinly sliced|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|caper||2 Tbsps||rinsed well|
- Salt and pepper the tilapia fillets and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour.
- Spread the all-purpose flour across a plate.
- Take a tilapia fillet and gently pat each side into the all-purpose flour. You're looking to lightly coat the tilapia fillet. Repeat.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan and add the lemon slices. Fry for about 5 minutes and remove.
- In batches fry the tilapia fillets in the lemon infused olive oil for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place on your serving dish.
- Increase the heat of the sauté pan to high and add the lemon slices, unsalted butter, and capers.
- Gently stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the tilapia fillets and serve.