A simple, tangy and refreshing dish to start off an evening. The dish has the perfect crunch and zest to tantalize your taste buds.
|garlic clove||2||peeled and crushed|
|kosher salt||1 Tbsp|
|lime juice||1 1/2 cups|
|cilantro||1 1/2 tsps||minced|
|aji amarillo paste||2 tsps|
|red onion||1||sliced thin and separated into individual pieces|
|celery stalk||2||minced into 1/4 inch pieces|
|tilapia - fillets||1 lb||slice thin 1 inch by 3/4 inch slices|
- On a cutting board place the crushed garlic. Sprinkle the salt over the garlic. Begin to finely chop the garlic.
- Take the flat part of the knife and place over the garlic. Drag the knife across the board with the garlic underneath.
- Repeat this process. The garlic will begin to form a paste. Place the garlic paste in a bowl.
- To the bowl add the lime juice, minced cilantro, grated ginger and amarillo paste. Stir well and place in the refrigerator for five minutes.
- In a large serving bowl combine the sliced tilapia, sliced onions and finely chopped celery.
- Pour the lime mixture over the fish and mix well.
- Take a large piece of plastic wrap and place inside of the bowl pushing down to insure there are no air pockets and that all of the fish is submerged in the lime juice mixture.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
If you need help finding Aji Amarillo click on this link.