Three Bean Salad
Three Bean Salad Recipe. A salad for all the senses. Sight, taste, hearing, smell, touch, and mind. Imagine yourself taking a bite of this salad on a back porch on a warm summer day with a glass of cool white wine.
|green bean||1/2 lb||cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|cannellini bean (canned)||1 lb||drained|
|kidney beans - canned||1 lb||drained|
|red bell pepper||1||seeded and diced|
|yellow bell pepper||1||seeded and diced|
|red wine vinegar||1/4 cup|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a saucepan bring the water and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans and lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a salad bowl combine the cannellini bean, kidney beans, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and shallot.
- Drain the green beans and add to the salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, tarragon, salt and black pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue whisking.
- Pour dressing over three bean salad, toss and serve.