Thai Grilled Squid Salad
Thai Grilled Squid Salad Recipe. An exotic salad with rich colors, textures, and tastes that will make any meal extra special.
|jalapeno chile||1||seeded and chopped|
|fish sauce||2 Tbsps|
|soy sauce||1 Tbsp|
|lime juice||1/2 cup|
|squid||1 lb||weigh how much we have|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|tomato||1||seeded and chopped|
|red onion||1/4||sliced thin|
|baby lettuces and greens||2 cups|
|red chili pepper||1||thinly sliced|
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer. And stir until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor puree the jalapeno chile, garlic clove, cilantro, and ginger.
- As the food processor is running pour in the simple syrup, fish sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice. Remove.
- Remove the tentacles from the squid and cut the tubes open. Score a diamond pattern on the inside of tubes. Then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Toss the squid with olive oil and some of the salad dressing to marinate for 5 minutes.
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Grill the squid for 1 minute.
- In a salad bowl combine the tomato, red onion, baby lettuce, red chili pepper with the salad dressing. Toss.
- Divide the salad onto individual salad plates and top with the grilled squid. Serve immediately.