Tex-Mex Grilled Top Round
Tex-Mex Grilled Top Round Recipe. A little taste from the lone star state. Classic Tex-Mex flavors blended with a hearty piece of meat.
|jalapeno chile||4||seeded and chopped|
|orange juice||1/4 cup|
|lemon juice||1/4 cup|
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
- In a food processor combine the cilantro, jalapeno chile, onion, and garlic clove. Roughly chop.
- With the blade running on low drizzle in the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, tequila, salt, sugar, black pepper, and cumin.
- Blend until it forms a paste.
- Add the top round to a sealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade. Press out the air and seal the bag.
- Rub well so that the top round is evenly coated and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
- Place the top round on the grill.
- For medium rare grill for 10 to 12 minutes per side.