6 to 8 lb brisket: 1
Texas Brisket Recipe. Having a party and need to feed a large group of people? You won't go wrong with this recipe. The cut of meat is inexpensive and the time that it takes to prepare this meal is repaid with kicked up flavor and juiciness.
|cayenne pepper||2 Tbsps|
|chili powder||3 Tbsps|
|garlic powder||2 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1/2 cup|
|kosher salt||1/2 cup|
|thyme (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|lemon juice||2 Tbsps|
|cider vinegar||1 cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/2 cup|
|liquid smoke||1/2 tsp|
|chili powder||1/4 cup|
|red pepper flakes||1 tsp|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the rub. Mix well.
- Take your brisket and rub in the Rub Mix. Pack it on well so it completely covers the meat.
- Wrap the brisket in plastic wrap completely and place it in a plastic bag. Place it in your refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Prepare your grill for indirect heat grilling (see notes).
- Place your brisket on the grill away from the heat and cover. Cook for 4 to 5 hours until the center part of the meat reaches a temperature of 190 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients for the BBQ Sauce and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the brisket is cooked remove from the grill and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before carving.
- Thinly slice the brisket and serve with the BBQ sauce.
If you have a gas grill have one side of the grill turned on and the other off. Place the brisket on the side that is turned off and close the barbeque. This allows the heat to circulate and cook your brisket without burning. If you are using a charcoal barbeque separate the coals to both sides of the barbeque and none in the middle. Place the brisket in the center of the grill and close the top.