Tarragon Chicken Recipe. A classic French preparation for a creamy and luxurious dinner dish.
|chicken breast||4||boneless, skinless|
|chicken broth||1/2 cup|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|onion||1||small - chopped|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|heavy cream||1/3 cup|
- In a saucepan combine the chicken breasts, chicken broth, wine, onion, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl combine the corn starch with enough water to make a paste. Stir thoroughly so there are no lumps.
- Add the disolved corn starch to the pan and bring back to a boil.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and tarragon. Bring to a boil.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on a serving plate and spoon over the sauce.
For garnishment sprinkle with more tarragon leaves.