Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos de Carnitas Recipe. It wouldn't be a Mexican Fiesta without Carnitas. If you're looking for party food make sure to include this dish in your menu. There is nothing like eating tacos de Carnitas topped with a little onion, chopped cilantro, and green salsa.
|pork butt||2 lbs||cut into 2 inch chunks|
|orange juice||1/2 cup|
|lemon||6||each cut into 4 wedges|
- In a stock pot cover the pork with the water and cola.
- Add the onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno chiles, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the pork is tender. Remove to colander to allow the excess liquids to drain.
- In a saucepan heat the lard until it begins to bubble. Add the orange juice and milk.
- Now add the pork and lower the heat to a medium setting.
- Brown the pork on all sides for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork to a paper covered plate to allow the excess grease to absorb.
- Warm up the tortillas using a skillet. Dice up the meat.
To make a proper taco: Get a tortilla. Place enough meat onto the tortilla so you can fold it in half and hold it in your hand. Top in the following order: onions, cilantro, salt, squeeze of a lemon.