Swedish Meatballs Recipe. No need to go to the large Swedish furniture store to enjoy these little gems. This a must have dish for any party that is easy to serve and easy to eat.
|bread flour||1 cup|
|beef broth||12 cups|
|tomato puree||1/2 cup|
|parsley - stems||4|
|cream||2 1/2 cups||hot|
|dill weed||1 tsp|
|meatballs - frozen||4 lbs|
- In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the bread flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour is golden brown. Make sure the flour does not burn. If it burns start over.
- Gradually stir in the beef broth and tomato puree until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, and parsley stems. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 2 hours until it reduces by 1/3.
- Strain the sauce and return to the stock pot.
- Stir in the hot cream and dillweed.
- Add the frozen meatballs and cook over medium heat for 1/2 hour or until the meatballs have cooked through.