Sugar Cookies Recipe. Sugar cookies are so good and easy to make. You'll be surprised how fast you can whip up a batch of these cookies. 1 batch comes to 2 dozen cookies.
|unsalted butter||1 cup||softened|
|brown sugar||1 Tbsp|
|vanilla extract||1 1/2 tsps|
|all-purpose flour||2 cups|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
- Using a hand mixer cream the butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and continue to cream for 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine for another minute.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the butter mixture and flour mixture into a dough. Scrape the sides of the bowl making sure there are no dry ingredients left.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place the 1/2 cup of sugar in a large bowl. Fill up a large bowl of water with cold water.
- Dip your hands in the cold water and shake off the excess water. Grab enough of the dough to roll into a 1 inch ball. Roll the ball in the bowl of sugar and place on the parchment paper. Repeat.
- Butter the bottom of a glass. Dip the glass bottom in the bowl of sugar. Use the glass bottom to press the dough ball flat to 3/4 inch thickness. Repeat. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit for 3 minutes on the parchment paper. After that remove the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.