Stuffed Clams Recipe. This is a crowd favorite that will go fast.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|steamer clam||3 lbs||rinsed and scrubbed clean|
|unsalted butter||3 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|all-purpose flour||2 Tbsps|
|heavy cream||3 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
- In a large stockpot heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 45 seconds.
- Add the vermouth and the clams. Cover and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes until the clams are steamed open. Discard any of the clams that do not open or partially open.
- Remove the clams from the pot and strain the juice that is left of any sand or pieces of shells. Set the clam juice to the side.
- After the clams have cooled remove the meat and set the shells aside. Chop up the clam meat.
- In a frying pan melt the unsalted butter over low heat and add the onion and parsley. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the flour and mix until you get a nice roux. Then add the reserved clam juice, heavy cream, lemon juice, clam meat, and the pepper to taste.
- In a small frying pan melt the butter over low heat and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, and salt to taste.
- Break the clamshells apart and scoop a tablespoon of the chopped clam meat into each shell. Top with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes in an oven set at 375 degrees.