Steaks with Cranberry Port Gorgonzola Sauce
Steaks with Cranberry Port Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe. An amazing dish to prepare for that special person in your life. This is a great combination of flavors. It starts with tenderloin steaks that melt in your mouth like butter. Topped with the sweet and rich cranberry port sauce. And sprinkled with the tanginess of the Gorgonzola cheese. It really doesn't get any better.
|unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
|shallot||1||peeled & sliced thin|
|garlic clove||2||peeled & sliced thin|
|tawny port||1 cup|
|dried cranberries||1/4 cup|
|tenderloin||3/4 lb||cut into 6 oz filets|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|vegetable oil||2 Tbsps|
|beef broth||1 cup|
|beef broth||1/4 cup|
|Gorgonzola cheese||1/4 cup||crumbled|
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the shallot and garlic clove. Sauté until translucent.
- Add the beef broth, tawny port, and dried cranberries. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce reduces by 1/2 or 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Season the tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in an oven proof skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Sear each side of the tenderloin steaks for about 2 minutes. Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The steaks will be medium rare. Remove the tenderloin steaks from the skillet and allow them to rest for 2 minutes.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat and deglaze with the remaining beef broth. Scrape up all the bits and piece left from the tenderloin steaks. Add the sauce, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks and top with the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
Have your butcher cut the tenderloin into 6 inch steaks.