Standing Rib Roast
Standing Rib Roast Recipe. It's always a special occasion when you serve a standing rib roast and it's incredibly easy to prepare.
|kosher salt||1 cup|
|black peppercorn||1/4 cup||crushed|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|standing rib roast||8 1/2 lbs|
- The night before combine the kosher salt and crushed black peppercorns in a bowl.
- Coat the standing rib roast with vegetable oil.
- Pat the salt mixture all over the standing rib roast. Place in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature this should take 30 minutes. Place the roasting rack in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Add the standing rib roast fat side up onto the rack and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn down the oven heat to 325 degrees and cover the roast with aluminum foil to prevent the meat from burning.
- Roast until the meat reaches a temperature of 125 to 130 degrees which is medium rare. About 15 to 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
To check the temperature of the roast insert a meat thermometer into the thickest section of the roast.