Spinach Salad with Apple and Feta
Spinach Salad with Apple and Feta Recipe. You need an example of layers of flavor? Here it is. Light flavor and texture of spinach topped with sweet and tart apple. Served with a hearty Dijon mustard vinaigrette and topped with creamy feta and smokey bacon with that nice little crunch. Delicious.
|bacon||6||fried and chopped|
|spinach||6 cups||wash well|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|cider vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|Dijon mustard||2 tsps|
|feta cheese||2 Tbsps|
- Place the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Remove the core from the apple and thinly slice. Looking for matchstick size slices.
- Place the apple slices in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Place the washed spinach onto individual salad plates.
- Remove the apple slices from the lemon juice and place on top of the spinach.
- Add the olive oil, cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard to the lemon juice. Gently whisk to combine.
- Top each salad plate with equal amounts of chopped bacon and feta cheese.
- Using a spoon drizzle the dressing over the salads and serve.