Spaghetti Vodka. A quick flavor packed pasta dish for any night of the week.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|prosciutto||1/4 lb||sliced thin and chopped|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|heavy cream||1 cup|
|Romano cheese||1/4 cup||grated|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp||to taste|
- In a large stockpot bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
- Drop the pasta and cook uncovered for 7 minutes
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add the garlic cloves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped prosciuto and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the grated Romano cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add the vodka. With a match carefully light the sauce away from your body. Allow the alcohol to burn off and return the burner.
- Using tongs transfer the pasta from the boiling water to the sauce and mix well. Cook for an additional minute so that the pasta absorbs the flavor of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste and serve.