Sopa Conde Recipe. A delicious quick and easy soup for the whole family to enjoy.
|vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|refried black beans||2 1/2 cups|
|chicken broth||4 cups|
|oregano (dried)||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|queso anejo||1/4 lb||crumbled|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|tortilla||6||cut into thin strips|
- Place the ancho chiles and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat for 5 minutes.
- In a blender combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, sliced tortillas, ancho chile, and cooking liquid. Blend until it forms a paste.
- In a stock pot. Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomato mixture and bring to a simmer. Stir in the refried black beans, chicken broth, and epazote.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- For the garnish. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. In batches add the strips of tortillas trying not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for up to 2 minutes and remove to a paper towel covered plate. Repeat.
- Serve the soup in bowls. Crumble queso anejo into each bowl and top with the fried tortilla strips.