Sloppy Joe Recipe. A recipe that will take you home to your childhood. Take a bite of this hearty sandwich with all it sweetness and the right amount of crunch.
|ground beef||2 lbs|
|red bell pepper||1||seeds removed and chopped|
|tomato sauce||2 cups|
|tomato paste||2/3 cup|
|brown sugar||1/4 cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tbsps|
|red wine vinegar||1/4 cup|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the ground beef and brown.
- Drain the grease from browning the ground beef. Lower the to medium.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper. Constantly stir until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar. Combine well.
- Allow the meat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon onto toasted hamburger buns.
- Serve with cheese or favorite condiments.
Make sure to drain the fat rendered from browning the ground beef. Slice ingredients in advance. Recipes takes under 30 minutes to cook & prepare.