Simple Pasta Sauce with Roasted Garlic
Simple Pasta Sauce with Roasted Garlic Recipe. When you roast garlic you get an intensified garlic taste that is surprisingly sweet. When combined with a tomato sauce you have a perfect match of flavors.
|olive oil||1/4 cup|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|tomato puree||3 1/2 cups|
|basil (dry)||1 Tbsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|salt||2 tsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp||to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a sheet of aluminum foil and form a pouch. Place in the pouch the unpeeled garlic cloves, olive oil, and salt. Close up the pouch and place in the oven to roast for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in the tomato puree. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Add the basil, oregano, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take a roasted garlic clove and squeeze. The garlic should squeeze out of the skin like a paste. Squeeze each clove into the sauce and discard the skins.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes and serve.