Simple Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage
Simple Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage Recipe. A quick and easy pasta sauce for a weeknight dinner that is a little sweet and a little spicy.
|Italian sausage||1/2 lb||casing removed|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|tomato puree||3 1/2 cups|
|basil (dry)||1 Tbsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|salt||1 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp||to taste|
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the Italian sausage and break up with a spatula into tiny bits. Sauté for 2 minutes and remove.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the tomato puree. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Add the basil, oregano, bay leaf, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cooked Italian sausage. Mix well.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes and serve.