Simple Pasta Sauce with Ground Pork
Simple Pasta Sauce with Ground Pork Recipe. A quick and easy pasta sauce for a weeknight dinner with a little spicy kick.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|ground pork||1 lb|
|tomato puree||3 1/2 cups|
|beef broth||1/4 cup|
|basil (dry)||1 Tbsp|
|oregano (dried)||1 Tbsp|
|red pepper flakes||2 tsps||to taste|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 tsp|
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the ground pork and break up with a spatula into tiny bits. Sauté for 2 minutes and remove.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the tomato puree and beef broth. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer.
- Add the basil, oregano, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the browned ground pork. Mix well.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes and serve.