Shrimp Scampi Recipe. A fast simple dish for a weeknight dinner. It goes great over pasta.
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||1/3 cup|
|yellow onion||1/2||finely chopped|
|Italian parsley||1/4 cup||finely chopped|
|shrimp-medium, frozen & deveined||1 lb||defrosted|
|white wine||1/4 cup|
|lemon juice||2 Tbsps|
|salt||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1 pinch||to taste|
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the unsalted butter.
- Immediately add the onion, garlic, and parsley. Sauté until the onions are translucent which should be 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Stir until are the shrimp turns pink.
- Remove the shrimp to a serving dish.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the sauté pan. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over shrimp and serve.