Shrimp Risotto Recipe. Creamy risotto with tender pieces of shrimp. A meal in itself that goes great with a glass of white wine.
|shrimp-medium, frozen & deveined||1 1/2 lbs||defrosted|
|unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|chicken broth||5 cups|
|Arborio rice||1 1/2 cups|
|white wine||1/2 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 cup||grated to taste|
|salt||2 Tbsps||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
- Melt half of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced yellow onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the diced shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and continually stir until all the rice is coated with the melted butter.
- Stir in the white wine and continue stirring until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Stir in a ladle of the simmering chicken broth. Continue stirring until the chicken broth has evaporated. Repeat this step until all of the broth has almost been used up and the rice is just about tender or al dente.
- Stir in the shrimp and continue stirring for about 2 more minutes until the shrimp has cooked through. Add the remaining broth if it is needed.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the risotto and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
If you have access to fish broth use that instead of the chicken broth. If you run out of chicken broth feel free to warm up some more.