Shrimp Ceviche Recipe. A little taste from south of the border. This tangy & spicy shrimp with a cool Mexican beverage will transport you to a lounge chair underneath a palm tree on a beautiful beach on the Mexican Riviera.
|shrimp -small, cooked, peeled, and deviened||1 lb|
|cucumber||1/2||peeled, seeded and diced|
|serrano chile||2||seeded and diced|
|tomato juice - spicy||1/2 cup|
|lime juice||1/4 cup||use lime juice from the marinating|
|salt||1 1/2 Tbsps||to taste|
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and cover with the lime juice. Allow to marinate for 8 hours to overnight covered in the refrigerator.
- Add the tomato, cucumber, serrano chile, and cilantro.
- Stir in the tomato juice and the lime juice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator for a 1/2 hour.
- Serve with saltine crackers or fried tortillas.