Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup. A smooth and rich soup for that chilly lunch or supper.
|red bell pepper||4||sliced in half and seeded|
|tomato||8||sliced in half and seeded|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|chicken broth||3 cups|
|salt||1 Tbsp||to taste|
|black pepper||2 tsps||to taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated & to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the red bell peppers and tomatoes with olive oil. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Roast the red bell pepper and tomatoes uncovered for 40 minutes. You want the juice of the tomatoes to have evaporated leaving a dark brown residue. The edges of the tomatoes should be brown and tinged. Remove from the oven.
- Place the roasted red bell pepper and tomatoes in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Stir in the chicken broth, sugar, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- In batches puree the soup in a blender.
- Pour the soup into soup bowls.
- Serve with crackled black pepper and parmesan cheese.