Roasted Leg of Lamb
Leg of lamb: 1
Roasted Leg of Lamb Recipe. This recipe feeds about 6 people. The aroma that will fill your home is fantastic and the taste is just elegant. If you want to impress a dinner party this is a great recipe to make.
|leg of lamb||1||5 to 7 lbs.|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|salt||3 Tbsps||to taste|
|black pepper||2 Tbsps||to taste|
- Trim the leg of lamb of all excess fat. Cut slits all around the leg that is about 1/2 inch long and 1 inch deep. In the slits stuff the pieces of sliced garlic.
- Rub the entire leg with the olive oil.
- Rub the chopped rosemary and thyme all over the leg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow the temperature of the meat to return to room temperature. This should take 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the leg of lamb in a roasting pan and into the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb reaches a temperature of 135 degrees.
- Remove the lamb and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving. The lamb will continue to cook inside and re-absorb its juices.
This recipes feeds about 6 people. The general rule of thumb is 1 pound per person. For rare the internal temperature should be 135 to 140 degrees. For medium the internal temperature should be 150 to 155 degrees.