Roasted Filet Mignon with Herb Butter
Roasted Filet Mignon with Herbed Butter. Simple preparation is always best when you you're cooking with one of the finest cuts of meat. You never want to take away from the flavor of a filet. Seared filet to lock in the juices. Flavors roasted gently in the oven. Delicate herbed butter to add to the juiciness and rich flavor of the filet.
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps|
|unsalted butter||1/2 lb||softened|
|unsalted butter||2 Tbsps|
|black pepper||1/2 tsp|
- In a food processor combine the chive, Italian Parsley, unsalted butter, and salt. Cream until smooth. Scrape the sides into a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven proof sauté pan melt the additional butter over medium heat.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the filets for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and raise the temperature of the oven to broil.
- Spread the herb butter on the tops of the filets and broil for 1 to 2 minutes until nicely browned.