Chestnut Roasting Recipe. What's the holidays without the smell and taste of roasted chestnuts. These are great on their own or used as an ingredient in a stuffing, soup, or salad.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a chestnut and carefully make two slices on one side in the form of an X. Repeat with the remaining chestnuts.
- If you have a chestnut cutter. Place a chestnut inside of the chamber. And press down on the handle to make the X cut into the chestnut. Repeat with the remaining chestnuts.
- Place the prepared chestnuts onto a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- As the chestnuts are roasting the slices made into the chestnut will begin to curl up.
- Remove the chestnuts from the oven and allow to cool completely before handling.
- Once the chestnuts have cooled begin to peel by pulling on the curled edges. The shells should peel easily with a little effort.