Risotto with Saffron
Risotto with Saffron Recipe. Risotto is a side dish that can truly become a meal itself. Serve yourself a bowl and enjoy.
|chicken broth||7 cups|
|white wine||1 cup|
|olive oil||2 Tbsps|
|Arborio rice||2 cups|
|salt||1/2 tsp||to taste|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tbsps||grated to taste|
- In a stock pot combine the chicken broth, white wine, and saffron. Bring to a simmer.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the onions and toast for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Lower the heat.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken broth mixture to the Arborio rice and stir constantly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth mixture to the Arborio rice and stir constantly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat until all of the chicken broth mixture is absorbed.
- Add the chopped parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese to taste.