Rice Pudding or Arroz con Leche Recipe. This brings back memories of sneaking off to the refrigerator opening the door, smiling, and scooping some rice pudding into a glass. Creamy sweet and just delicious. A great desert to serve on its own or with some fresh fruit.
|vanilla extract||1 Tbsp|
|Arborio rice||1 cup|
- In a saucepan combine the milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the rice and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the rice is creamy and soft to the bite.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk and lemon juice.
- Slowly stir in a cup of the hot rice mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture in with the rest of the rice.
- Stir. Cook for an additional minute and remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool, sprinkle the top with cinnamon, and serve.