Ratatouille Recipe. The recipe your kids have been asking you about since a certain movie is coming out. So what it is? It's a simple peasant dish from France that will serve as the basis for some of the best times in your life. This dish will take you home time and time again.
|eggplant||1 lb||stems removed and chopped|
|olive oil||1/2 cup|
|yellow onion||2||sliced thin|
|red bell pepper||1||seeded and diced|
|bell pepper||1||seeded and diced|
|garlic clove||6||peeled and chopped|
|tomato - chopped (canned)||1 1/2 lbs|
|tomato paste||2 Tbsps|
|Italian parsley||2 Tbsps||chopped|
|thyme||1 Tbsp||leaves picked from stem|
|basil (fresh)||2 Tbsps||shredded|
- Combine the eggplant and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Dry with a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan heat a small portion of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and garlic. Sauté for an additional 8 minutes. Remove to a large stockpot.
- Add another small portion of the olive oil to the sauté pan and add the eggplant. Sauté for 8 minutes. Remove to the stockpot.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the sauté pan and add the zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove to the stockpot.
- To the stockpot add the tomato, tomato paste, Italian parsley, thyme, and basil. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.