Prosciutto Palmiers Recipe. A fast and simple way to make an hors d'oeuvre that will wow your guests. Light, fluffy, and full off flavor. A perfect addition to you next cocktail party.
|puff pastry - frozen||1 lb||thawed|
|Creole mustard||1/2 cup|
|prosciutto||1/4 lb||thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup||grated|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take 1 sheet of the puff pastry, open up, and place on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin roll it out to half its current thickness.
- Spread the mustard in the middle of the puff pastry sheet within 1 inch from the sides. Place prosciutto slices over the mustard.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the prosciutto.
- Lengthwise start tightly rolling one end to the middle. Starting from the other side start rolling to the middle
- Slice into 3/4 inch slices.
- Repeat with the other sheets.
- Place the slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Flip the slices over and brush with the remaining egg wash and bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool and serve.
Any spicy mustard to your liking can be used instead of the Creole mustard.