Pork Chops with Salsa Verde
Pork Chops with Salsa Verde Recipe.
|tomatillo||2 lbs||husks removed|
|black pepper||1/4 tsp||to taste|
|vegetable oil||2 Tbsps|
- In stockpot combine the pork chops, 1/2 garlic cloves, 1/2 salt, cumin, and enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to boil then lower to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour until the pork chops are tender.
- To make the Salsa Verde combine the onion, remaining garlic, serrano chiles, tomatillos, and enough water to cover in a separate stockpot. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the tomatillos, serrano chiles, onion, garlic, and cilantro to a blender. Pulse the blender until the desired consistency is reached.
- In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat add the Salsa Verde. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pork chops to the Salsa Verde.
- Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes and serve.