Pork Chops in a Cider Brine
Pork Chops in a Cider Brine Recipe. If you want a flavorful and juicy pork chop this is the recipe for you. Every piece of this chop is full of flavor with the help of soaking it a cider brine overnight.
|kosher salt||1/4 cup|
|brown sugar||1/4 cup|
|black pepper||1 Tbsp|
|juniper berry||1 Tbsp|
|pork chop||4||3/4 to 1 inch thick|
- In a saucepan combine the cider and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the kosher salt and brown sugar. Stir until they completely dissolve.
- Remove from the heat and add the sage, black pepper, cinnamon stick, and juniper berries.
- Place the brine in a large bowl. Allow the brine to cool completely.
- Add the pork chops to the brine and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove the pork chops and rinse them thoroughly under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the pork chops on each side for 5 minutes or until they are done.
Remember to rinse the pork chop as much as you can and pat them dry.