Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna
Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna Recipe. If you want a quick meal sear some ahi tuna. So on your way from work stop by your local fish market of seafood counter and buy the freshest piece of ahi possible. The fresher the fish the better the taste.
|ahi||4||steaks - about a 1/2 lb. each|
|black peppercorn||1 tsp||crushed|
|green peppercorn||1 tsp|
|white peppercorn||1/2 tsp||crushed|
|pink peppercorn||1/2 tsp||crushed|
- Heat a heavy frying pan or a cast iron pan over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the oil on a plate.
- Place the crushed peppers on a separate plate.
- Dip the ahi tuna in the oil making sure both sides are coated.
- Dip the oil coated ahi tuna in the pepper covered plate. Make sure each side is lightly crusted.
- Sprinkle each side with salt to taste.
- Place the ahi tuna in the heated pan and cook on each side for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let the ahi tuna sit for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
The middle of the ahi tuna will remain pink. So don't think its undercooked. An easy way to crush the peppercorns is to simply place them in a heavy plastic bag. Using a meat pounder crush the peppercorns. The more crushed peppercorns the hotter the dish.