Peas and Turnips with Bacon
Peas and Turnips with Bacon Recipe.
|bacon||1/2 lb||chopped into 1/4 inch pieces|
|turnip||1 1/4 lbs||peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes|
|green pea (frozen)||2 lbs|
- In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the bacon until brown. Remove the bacon to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
- Add the butter to the stockpot to melt.
- Add the chopped turnips to the stockpot and sauté for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the peas and mix thoroughly. Cook until the peas are cooked through.
- Add the bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.