Pear, Walnut, and Blue Cheese Salad
Pear, Walnut, and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe. I love it when a salad comes together. What you have here is different layers of flavors from the rich blue cheese, sweet pears, and savory onions. You add some walnuts and you have your crunch. When you get a little of each ingredient on your fork it results in a harmony of flavors that play off each other.
|cranberry (canned)||1/2 cup|
|orange juice||1/4 cup|
|olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|balsamic vinegar||2 Tbsps|
|ginger||1 tsp||peeled and minced|
|pear||2||peeled and sliced thin|
|orange juice||2 Tbsps|
|red onion||1/2||sliced thin|
|walnut||2 Tbsps||toasted and chopped|
- In a bowl whisk together the cranberry sauce, orange juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, ginger, and salt.
- Divide the Bibb lettuce leaves amongst the serving plates.
- Toss the pears in the orange juice.
- Topp the lettuce on each plate with an even amount of red onion and pear slices.
- Spinkle each plate with an even amount of blue cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing onto each plate and serve.